Submit an Event
Community Calendar Submission Requirements
Organizations may submit a calendar item online through our online calendar submission form. The more information provided by the submitting organization, the easier it is for us to determine whether to post an event. Please fill out the online form completely with all pertinent information regarding the event.
VAN reviews all requests to ensure event submissions comply with the standards outlined in this policy. VAN’s community calendar is a text-only listing. Fliers, images, and other documents will not be posted.
• Foster collaborative engagement in Washington County, Oregon
• Address significant/critical issues for residents of Washington County
• Enhance the quality of life in Washington County
• Advance equity within Washington County
• Virtual events targeting a larger/different geographic area but relevant and accessible to residents of Washington County, Oregon
• Open to the public and not exclusionary in nature
Items Not Permitted on the Community Calendar
• Commercial, private, political, or religious advertising
• Private, commercial, or for-profit events (conference fees or event fees to cover costs are acceptable)
• Partisan political events
• Discriminate, hostile, or extremist activities
• Events not relevant to residents of Washington County, Oregon
**Arts and Entertainment events will be considered on a case-by case basis. We encourage submission to Tualatin Valley Creates, which has a specific focus on arts, culture, heritage, and humanities in Washington County.**
Community calendar requests should be submitted online at least two weeks from event date. Note that it may take up to four business days after submission for event to appear on calendar.
Removal of an Item
Events submitted to the calendar known to contain any form of the following will not be posted or will be removed:
• Profane language or content
• Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
• Sexual content or links to sexual content
• Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
• Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
• Content that violates a legal interest of any other party
VAN reserves the right to restrict or remove any content or event that is deemed in
violation of this policy or any applicable law.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org